The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Ocean Nutrition Instant Baby Brine Shrimp ? I don't want to fool with hatching live ones . I feed my Cory fry First Bites now , but some will get so they won't eat it and perish . I just wanted to see if anyone had any real world experience with the bottled brine .

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have used it for guppy fry and love it. Just keep it refrigerated, it lasts about 2-3 weeks once opened. Long enough for them to be onto bigger food. My adult guppies/tetras etc also like it, altho its too pricy imho to buy for them when they have many other options.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I know you said you didn't want to deal with hatching brine shrimp, but this hatchery is *so* incredibly easy I feel like I have to mention it. (And available from non-Amazon places too.) You don't need an air pump or anything, it just sits under a light, plus it is easy to harvest from and comes with the catcher basket thing. I just provide warm water, non-iodized salt and a pinch of baking soda.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all . That is the kind of info I wanted . The jar stuff is pretty expensive . I only have 8-10 Cory fry at any one time , so most of the jar will go to waste before I can use it . ElleDee , I have looked at that hatchery and watched a video on it . Seems easy enough . I may try that as it isn't much more than the jar stuff .

Reactions: ElleDee
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.