The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

I planted the front section with dwarf hairgrass. In the back I'm still deciding of what I should put.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Hey guys this is a weekly update to the tank. So far the dwarf hairgrass is spreading runners and doing OK. I added some crypts and hope they grow and fill in nicely. Does anyone know the name of these?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Hey guys today I added some hygrophilia, and dwarf sag I also moved some of the hardscape. I took out the pump because it was too strong it's rated for 1250 gph on a 38!!! Haha I also threw on a prefilter on the intake so my plants and shrimp won't get pulled in.

·
Banned
90 Posts
I aem jelours as of your prices :( in my town a 40liter tank will cost around 240 bucks if i go to order from different state a pric of shippin is about 250 dollar and the 40liter tank is 50 bucks :( i ave no job aswell due to a personal problem its just riduclus how epensive they are in my town cant rely get a decent size one unless i win the jackpot fro m gambelin or mi family donate to mi then yet still small to my liking we can get big ones in my town but 50gallan wuld make me pay upto 500 dollar niece tank bro it look gwod :) cant waiet to see it finish :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey guys just another weekly update. Also got my test kit no more tests trips for me anymore haha. Not many changes to the tank yet although I did add an eheim filter on the side I had laying around for some circulation and extra filtration never hurt nobody lol. I'm on my way to the lfs so I might pick up some new plants. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Today I picked up some glosso, downoi, and a Java fern. Also did a quick rescape. I removed the stones and rearranged some plants. what do you guys think of the look I might add a couple more pieces of manzanita to add some depth to the tank but for now I think it looks better than before.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

I added some ludwigia repens, some mayaca f. , and a crypt parva.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

I got another nice piece of manzanita from the lfs and was gonna do a major rescape but the driftwood floats so for now I'm just gonna leave it there and also give my plants some more time to grow so I can harvest some trimmings. Had a small algae outbreak but now it's all dying out ?? I'm confused but oh well that's a good thing I suspect it died out since most the plants rooted and matured.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well guys time for another update. I had some time on my hands Sunday afternoon so I decided to do a rescape. Also added some dwarf chain sword. I'm looking for some narrow/needle leaf java fern to attach to the manzanita wood. Also added 2 German Blue Rams.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Picked up some java ferns today and placed them by the driftwood. will post another update soon when it fills in that is if I don't decide to move plants around lol. Where's everybody at tho? Haha

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Update! I'm in the middle of a rescape but just thought I'd post a pic before. I'm basically gonna hack the hygrophila and perhaps the repens. I don't want this tank to turn into a jungle so I'm gonna simplify the scape a little more. Thinking about adding more Blyxa to the midground and shaping some baby tears in the background. Not so sure yet.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Are you doing any co2 or excel? Thinking of eventually picking up a planted plus for my 46 since the t5s aren't really growing thing s that quickly. Any ferts? Your stuff is growing 3x faster than mine and I do light ferts and no co2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Are you doing any co2 or excel? Thinking of eventually picking up a planted plus for my 46 since the t5s aren't really growing thing s that quickly. Any ferts? Your stuff is growing 3x faster than mine and I do light ferts and no co2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I have pressurized co2. The diffuser is hidden behind the hygrophila. I'm dosing pps pro ferts by GLA. Do you have any pics or a build journal for your 46? I would love to see it. I'm using a 36" original finnex fugeray and I'm so glad I got it it puts me around low to medium par which is less problems for me.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts