The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this last night at local fish store. $67.99 for 8 kg bag. Thought that was quite expensive. Is it? It really looks good, and wondering for those using it, what you think of it? $67.99 !!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use it in my 10 gallon, and it's very nice. The plants seem to like it thus far. It's got a good texture to it, so it's just heavy enough to hold down the plants without being gravel (which isn't good for soft-bellied fish). And while I'm all for supporting your LFS, it can be cheaper on Amazon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No. I just do that because I tend to move things around a lot. I also was not sure at the time how long the stratum would stay intact. It has been in for 18 months and hasn't broken down much but I feel that the nutrients are exhausted in which case I am glad to have the flourite now to soak in my ferts.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Whats the long term outlook on Stratum?

I have one of the Flora kits which came with, literally, half as much as it should have (shame on you Fluval) and I've got to do something about. Its been setup for about 2 years now and, no surprise, Anubias is the only thing which has thrived. I'm wondering if it would be ok to simply add another 4.4lb bag right on top of whats there or if I should <sigh> do a complete replacement. I'd rather not if I can get away with it as I have a school of neons in there I would rather not put through the rigors of a 1-day substrate replacement (which I have done in years past).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.