The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this tank is still being worked on but this is my progress so far :smile2:

2/10/16
Started of with some rocks and driftwood

3/31/16
Ended up getting a saw and cutting off a piece of that same driftwood, i used some black sponge, super glue and java moss to make it look like a tree, I also got 2 plastic mesh and binded them together with java moss in the center so i can start growing out a moss wall

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bet you and those shrimp can't wait for that moss wall to grow in!

Also, I can't tell by the pictures, but did you bury the java fern rhizome?
yeah i did bury it, the moss is still growing. Those guys sure love picking at it! I'll be saving up some cash for the time being and probably grow a baby tear or dwarf hair grass carpet later on. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
433 Posts
yeah i did bury it, the moss is still growing. Those guys sure love picking at it! I'll be saving up some cash for the time being and probably grow a baby tear or dwarf hair grass carpet later on. What do you guys think?
The Java fern rhizome is supposed to be above "ground." In my tank I just buried the roots (I think, hard to see), the rhizome will evebntually rot away and your leaves will die. Try to get just the roots into the gravel.

Bump: Where did you get the plastic mesh?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Java fern rhizome is supposed to be above "ground." In my tank I just buried the roots (I think, hard to see), the rhizome will evebntually rot away and your leaves will die. Try to get just the roots into the gravel.

Thanks for the tip, that explains the death of a few leaves, but it keeps growing so many leaves. Anyway, as for the mesh i bought it on ebay you can take a pair of scissors to get the exact dimensions for the spec i used two of them

[Ebay Link Removed] 7 Mesh Clear Ultra Stiff Plastic Canvas 12" x 18" Clear 1 Sheet | eBay[/url]

·
Registered
26 Posts

I just planted some - can the rhizome be shaded and under a rock but not buried or does it need to be in the light?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.