The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning all! So after almost three years of having in a kind of nature aquarium style I decided that I wanted to try an Iwagumi layout. This is something that I have never done and have always been interested in doing. I decided to go with Okho Stone so I have been picking up pieces for a couple of months. There were a couple that I had to break in order to get the sizes and shapes I was looking for.

My original idea was to add a small beach/sanded area in the front but, being that this tank is only 17" x 5", that did not work out. I was able to put together a 7 stone layout so I thought that was pretty good given the stones I used and the foot print. Let me know what you think.

There are 5 species of plants now instead of the original 15 different species of plants and mosses. Here is the list:

1. Eleocharis acicularis mini
2. Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiea
3. Crypt parva
4. Crypt Lutea "Hobbit"
5. Eriocaulon sp Vietnam

Here is a shot of the original set up as a point of comparison and then set up and completed shots of the new set up:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.