4x glowlight tetra
3x otocinclus
1- betta for the spec V

the 5g will be set up in due time....

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Just waiting for my heaters to warm up the tank to temp before I put everyone back into the pool. The funny thing about setting this tank up is that I had to use chopsticks to plant the stems since I left my forceps in austin lol.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

This tank will be a little hydrocotyl spp garden

with
H. tripartia
H. verticillata "front lawn"
H. verticillata "japan"

And now we wait....

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. Hopefully the rotala and limno take off well and add some height to that tank.

Some info on tanks

60p
2x24w T5HO (two layers of window screen blocking light)
ADA Amazonia subs
Fluval 305 Canister

5g
6w 10,000K led
2w Blue/actinic led (was a lamp for my nano reef)
ADA Amazonia

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Some growth in the spec V.

I also went to the LFS and picked up 4 of the coolest catfish I've seen yet. Some Brachyrhamdia sp!

They look like this:
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=119

They are called imitator cories and will imitate the behavior and appearance of corydoras sp.

In this case it's C. melanistus it seems to be. I don't want to bother them right now so no actual pics of the fish. They are in a holding tub right now.

And so my catfish collection expands to:

7- Microsynodontis sp. (1)
3- Otocinclus affinis
6- Corydoras brevirostris
4- (will probably get one more) Brachyrhamdia sp. Possibly imitator.

Side note-

The Corydoras brevirostris were formerly subspecies of C. melanistus the imitated target of B. imitator (which I think is what they are). In otherwords, it's possible to observe conspecific interactions with these fish!!!

They are also venomous!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. I'll have update pics by the end of the week with the catfish in their home. I've decided that I don't have space to keep the C. brevirostris and Brachyrhamdia sp. in the same tank....for now...So I'm going to keep them separate. But trust me, it'll be awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got rid of the cories and b. imitator. Too competitive for food with my Microsynodontis. Picked up some Centromochlus cf. reticulatus for the 5g! . They'll be here on tuesday. Replanted the 60p with african only plants: Ceratopteris and anubias. No pics of him until next week though.

Changed the light to 30w 6500k CFL. So far so good.

Tank is in some serious rehab mode right now. Was lazy and bought some pretty low qual plants from an lfs. Everything that's nice and green is new growth. Everything else is old lfs crap. Hopefully I can get some nice quality pictures of my Rotala macrandra 'japan red' in a week or two. Just topped and replanted it. As soon as I farm up enough of all the plants I want in this tank the stem section is going to get a full rehab.

H. tennellus getting some color

Chief resident betta. The old betta died when he got jammed into a piece of wood and tore himself to pieces. Probably got finished off by the catfish....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.