The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let anyone in the market know. They have by far the cheapest price on these nano tanks. They haven't been in stock for weeks. Amazon has the spec V for over $80, and the Spec 3 for over $70.

Fluval Spec - Petco

Combined with the promo code "welcome20" that I found on a promo code website, I got 20% off as a first time online buyer and free shipping because my order was over $49. I bought two spec 3's.

I essentially got 2 Spec 3's for the price of one on Amazon. What a deal. Looking forward to set up some nano tanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Great deal. Wanted a Spec V in white but sold out :(

Ordered another Spec III. I thought I got a good price when it was 48 (plus tax) on Amazon. Just payed 36 OTD

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great deal. Wanted a Spec V in white but sold out :(

Ordered another Spec III. I thought I got a good price when it was 48 (plus tax) on Amazon. Just payed 36 OTD
Great to hear. $36 is a kick ass deal. I hate supporting petco's animal sales but hey they sure do have the best deals on aquarium's. Dollar per gallon, now this.

What live stock do you have in your Spec 3?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks very much for the heads up and the promo code.

I've been waiting for the Spec V (black) to go on sale! Ordered one this morning!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Great to hear. $36 is a kick ass deal. I hate supporting petco's animal sales but hey they sure do have the best deals on aquarium's. Dollar per gallon, now this.

What live stock do you have in your Spec 3?
Just cherry red shrimp. Have thought about adding a fish but I have CO2 and wouldn't want to gas it. Plus the mess fish create would probably clog the filter faster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just picked one up. You can use petco20 for 20 percent as well. I was charged for shipping and tax which ended up being $57. I should added something for $6 to make it $50 for the free shipping.

·
Registered
236 Posts
get some purigen for 7 bucks. Good deal, a few bucks cheaper than amazon, and you can put it in the second hole of the sponge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts