The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded the filter on your spec and have the hose and nozzle for the filter pump lying around? I bought an open box fluval and it's missing =\

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Has anyone upgraded the filter on your spec and have the hose and nozzle for the filter pump lying around? I bought an open box fluval and it's missing =\
Return it. Not worth your time and effort otherwise.. Also, If it was sealed, the Mfr. would guarantee it

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm with MABJ -- call Fluval first and let them know you got an item missing a part. They will most likely just throw one in the mail to you. If that fails, return it for an exchange.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the thing is I got it on Black Friday at 50% plus a 40% off because the light was missing. So Final cost was only $28 for the open box item as is. Didn't realize that in addition to the light, that little box also has the hose that is now missing. I'll message Fluval and hopefully they can help me out =\

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought mine on black friday as well at 50% but non open box and out the door was $54. If Fluval doesn't send you the parts for free or cheap it might be better off going back to the store returning it and trying to talk them into giving you a non open box Fluval Spec V at $49.99. Best of luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got myself a Spec 5 too >.< so I have no space for another one lol My room is pretty much at max capacity for tanks, maybe 1 more 2gallon spec for my other nightstand.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Hmm. Yeah, I'd call. I really like Fluval as a company.

Otherwise, you should just accept it as a clean shell.

Some people take out the back panel, attempt to de-frost the glass, then treat it like a normal tank.

A Finnex light would look awesome on it, and a canister filter with an outflow on the back wall would be cool as heck.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts