The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone , been a while since i was on here, i have moved a few times since and settled in again. My fluval chi got trashed and i was feeling the itch again to plant something,

Amazon was nice enough to send me a new spec. This will be my slow transition back into planted tanks.

Current hardware:
*Spec 5g stock with led (pretty sure this light will be useless )
*regular lamp base led grow lamp ( need clip on fixture with reflector)

I already have crappy little cartridge co2 setup but i never liked it, it was on or off and went though a cartridge in a few days.

I also have a 25lb tank with regulator in the shop that i would like to retrofit somehow to work for this.

I have some soil left over from the old setups, will go see what it is and determine if im going to use it again.

Plants i not sure about, all the old stores are gone now, and its pretty cold to be ebaying stuff i think, maybe not.

Will find a spot to put it and update when i open the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tank is unpacked, turns out i had fluval stratum last time, i had enough left over to do this tank. I know there are mixed feelings on fluval but all the pet stores here don't sell anything else so i will give it a shot.

Also my rock and driftwood seam to have gotten lost in the move. so it looks like im starting from scratch on my scape.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got a Fluval Spec with a Betta in it and I love it :) great beginning tank.

I had to take the background down since my Betta wouldn't stop flaring at it but the plants have grown in and it's more of a jungle now! Rudy seems to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey everyone , been a while since i was on here, i have moved a few times since and settled in again. My fluval chi got trashed and i was feeling the itch again to plant something,

Amazon was nice enough to send me a new spec. This will be my slow transition back into planted tanks.

Current hardware:
*Spec 5g stock with led (pretty sure this light will be useless )
*regular lamp base led grow lamp ( need clip on fixture with reflector)

I already have crappy little cartridge co2 setup but i never liked it, it was on or off and went though a cartridge in a few days.

I also have a 25lb tank with regulator in the shop that i would like to retrofit somehow to work for this.

I have some soil left over from the old setups, will go see what it is and determine if im going to use it again.

Plants i not sure about, all the old stores are gone now, and its pretty cold to be ebaying stuff i think, maybe not.

Will find a spot to put it and update when i open the box.
Well, if you don't mind waiting a little on some growth, keep the light on the lower side + inject CO2 and I think you may like the results. I have mostly low light plants in my Spec V, along with dimmed LED + CO2 and I love it. I don't know what your goals are, but if you want controllable, steady growth and less algae, it's something to consider.

Here's a picture from a couple of weeks ago (CO2 makes a difference here, as it has grown a lot since):

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.