The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the tank on 1/4/16.

Just redid my tank 2/20/16.

Started with a gravel substrate, and a big piece of driftwood.

I switched it to Black Sand and a new piece of Driftwood.

This is for my Betta, Thunder.

Plants include, 5-6 Anubias, a couple swords, Banana Plant, Floaters, (Frogbit, and Water Wisteria), and a couple plants I can't remember the names, as they came in a assortment package.

Now come the wait while everything grows out.

Thunder
Bronco.jpg

Tank as of 2/22

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
holy crap your Thunder is gorgeous! I hope he is an auburn (or broncos...)fan...

Reactions: Bobioden

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That is a very beautiful betta! Nice tank too. The swords will get too large for the tank but no need to move them until they do.

Reactions: Bobioden

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thunder is gorgeous! I'm glad I'm not the only Broncos fan who has an orange and blue betta.

Here's my buddy McCaffery:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great name, Ed was one of my favorite players.

Bump:
Really nice looking tank and betta! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I lost all my Anubias to rhizome rot last week. I already had 3 Bucephalandra on order, so added 6 Anubias Petites, some Erios Parkeri, and a Banana Plant. Except for the Banana plant, all came from Ebi on this site

All arrived today.

Glued the 3 Bucephalandra Dark Godzilla and the 6 Anubias Petites to my driftwood. I think it turned out pretty good.

After the gluing was done:
PDW.jpg

In the tank:
PDW2.jpg

Full view:
PDW3.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beautiful bettas, any recommendations on where to get nice ones like these?
I got mine on Aquabid. $25, plus $5 shipping. I live in Denver where the transshipper is located so just had to pay $2 to go pick him up. $32 total.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
4 month update.

A little update on the tank. The Anubias is growing in nicely. Added quite a few plants and they are all doing extremely well. The Lobelia Cardinalis 'Small Form' in front was a RAOK from member burr740.
4 Buce on the tree came from member Bartohog, and they are doing very well, acclimating to the tank and even seeing a few new leaves.

Current pic of the tank. And another of my Thunder and his grumpy face.

5:3.jpg

Face.jpg

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Love him. How do you like this tank? I have been away a while, looking for a new small set up and wondering what everyone's favorites are these days

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love him. How do you like this tank? I have been away a while, looking for a new small set up and wondering what everyone's favorites are these days
I like the spec 3 alot. It is 2.6g, all you need to add is heater, which fits in the back next to the pump. It is a nice clean look, very quiet. I got mine on sale at Petco. Great price $40.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts