The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the tank on 1/4/16.

Just redid my tank 2/20/16.

Started with a gravel substrate, and a big piece of driftwood.

I switched it to Black Sand and a new piece of Driftwood.

This is for my Betta, Thunder.

Plants include, 5-6 Anubias, a couple swords, Banana Plant, Floaters, (Frogbit, and Water Wisteria), and a couple plants I can't remember the names, as they came in a assortment package.

Now come the wait while everything grows out.

Thunder
Blue Organism Vertebrate Electric blue Majorelle blue

Tank as of 2/22

Attachments

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
That is a very beautiful betta! Nice tank too. The swords will get too large for the tank but no need to move them until they do.

Reactions: Bobioden

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thunder is gorgeous! I'm glad I'm not the only Broncos fan who has an orange and blue betta.

Here's my buddy McCaffery:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great name, Ed was one of my favorite players.

Bump:
Really nice looking tank and betta! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I lost all my Anubias to rhizome rot last week. I already had 3 Bucephalandra on order, so added 6 Anubias Petites, some Erios Parkeri, and a Banana Plant. Except for the Banana plant, all came from Ebi on this site

All arrived today.

Glued the 3 Bucephalandra Dark Godzilla and the 6 Anubias Petites to my driftwood. I think it turned out pretty good.

After the gluing was done:
Wood Branch Botany Twig Plant stem

In the tank:
Aquarium decor Freshwater aquarium Fish supply Plant stem Pet supply

Full view:
Aquarium decor Glass Aquatic plant Pet supply Freshwater aquarium

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
4 month update.

A little update on the tank. The Anubias is growing in nicely. Added quite a few plants and they are all doing extremely well. The Lobelia Cardinalis 'Small Form' in front was a RAOK from member burr740.
4 Buce on the tree came from member Bartohog, and they are doing very well, acclimating to the tank and even seeing a few new leaves.

Current pic of the tank. And another of my Thunder and his grumpy face.

Aquarium decor Aquatic plant Pet supply Freshwater aquarium Glass

Organism Botany Electric blue Close-up Bird

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love him. How do you like this tank? I have been away a while, looking for a new small set up and wondering what everyone's favorites are these days
I like the spec 3 alot. It is 2.6g, all you need to add is heater, which fits in the back next to the pump. It is a nice clean look, very quiet. I got mine on sale at Petco. Great price $40.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.