The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you have the money to get better I would. If not, then it is not bad to use at all. When I was doing low tech tanks way back when I first started I used the media it came with it and had no problems ever from it. I have since started using more "fancier" media.

I have bio balls in the bottom tray, Ammonia chips in the 2nd to bottom tray, Boyd's Chemi-pure in the 3rd to bottom tray, then filter floss in the top tray. Been doing it like that for the past couple years and I have never had any problems. Water has been crystal clear and perfect parameters.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I will be having a lot of biomax but in my bottom tray I want to pot something to help with premature clogging in the biomax, also I thought it may be more economical to use something reusable. Will this media fit the need?

Bio-Balls might be exactly what you're looking for. They are used often in wet/dry filters. I have been using them for yrs and have worked great and are reusable and builds good beneficial bacteria. They are really not meant to be submerged but they work just as good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts