The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but after searching through the forums, I couldn't find one, hence this one. I have just bought a pair for Fluval Plant 3.0 lights and I am interested in understanding what everyone uses in terms of setting, so go ahead and share how you have your light configured.

Cheers,
B.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hadn't found that thread, so thank you for sharing it. What settings did you end up settling with?
I use a few. I have four of the 3.0 lights. For almost all of them I use variations on the daylight setting. That thread has a handy conversion of the daylight setting to various percentages. So I have presets for each of those settings lasting 6 and 7 hours. They're all high tech tanks so I can't do any of the creative timings and levels that you can find in that threat.

Try some out and see what you like!

·
Registered
74 Posts
This.

I use pink 100%, blue 100%, CW 70%, PW 60%, WW 50% for about nine hours. Two Fluvals on a 36 x 18 x 24.
That goes toward my only gripe with these lights. If you have a wide tank you need two no matter what. I ended up getting two 48" models to light my 75g and it was about $100 more than getting a single Chihiros WRGB2 in the end. The fluvals sit flush with the tank and have limited spread--and not being able to raise them makes it even worse. Whereas the chihiros has better spread and can be raised a few inches, making larger tanks easier to light.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, more adaptable mounts would be nice, and not out of line given the price (they're not expensive, but not a bargain model either). I would've bought two anyway, in the end, for the intensity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts