The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not have any experience with this light. Setting up a low tech 55 tomorrow with just basic plants (Anubis’s, java fern, ludwiga, dwarf sag, wisteria, etc...)

Can someone please give me a recommendation for light levels to start with? This is only my second planted tank and first with led’s (always used fluorescent). Substrate is 2”-3”BD blasting sand if that matters.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Let’s go Red Wings!!! C’mon Mantha get it going!!!

I’d say run it at 50% and pay attention to your plants and algae to see how they react Do you have it on a hanging kit or risers? Or sitting right on top? How high from the substrate does the light hang?
I’d run 100% red (pink) 8%blue and then 50% for the rest depending on distance from substrate etc. for low light. Better to start with less intensity then to backtrack after going to high.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let’s go Red Wings!!! C’mon Mantha get it going!!!

I’d say run it at 50% and pay attention to your plants and algae to see how they react Do you have it on a hanging kit or risers? Or sitting right on top? How high from the substrate does the light hang?
I’d run 100% red (pink) 8%blue and then 50% for the rest depending on distance from substrate etc. for low light. Better to start with less intensity then to backtrack after going to high.
Light is sitting directly on glass canopy. I have about 2”-3” of substrate, so light is about 18” from substrate. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll start there and see what happens.

Yes Go Wings!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.