The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which one is better and why?

I prefer submersible over external inline for now. (got too much stuff under my stand already)

Two smaller heaters safer than one large one?

It's going to start cooling off soon and my house runs in the low 60s during winter. My 45gal tank needs to be ~15°F warmer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would pick a Jager over the Fluval. Dont have any input to offer for the Aqueon.

I own a couple Jagers and a couple Fluvals, I prefer the Jagers over the Fluvals but have not had any issues with the Fluval M series.

However, if your going to be buying a heater, I highly suggest that you look into a Hydor ETH Inline heater if you have got a cannister filter.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Magnum 350 canister that's also pushing through a Cerges' CO2 reactor. I'm not sure I want to put a heater post reactor and take the chance of a large CO2 bubble in the Hydor ETH Inline heater.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Jager, definitely.

I've had mine for more than 10 years, and it's still going. It even went through Oscar abuse, and is still working great.

I have no experience with the others because I have not needed another heater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.