The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking about getting an fx6 for my 135gal but I would like for someone to verify for me the filter dimensions as well as how much space I'll need above it (clearance) for undoing hoses during maintenance. I've read they are 23" tall & 14.5" wide but also I've seen 21" tall & 17.5" wide.

I have a cabinet under my tank with 26 inches in height to work with and 14.5 inches width for the door clearances. If push comes to shove I could saw out notches in the 2x4's or simply put the filter on the other end of my tank that has 15.75 inches in width to work with & possibly notching out a little more.

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
625 Posts
21high and 17 wide thats just the canaster with valves attached then you need a minimum height of 26 inches for the hoses to clear without hiting the cabinet. love this filter well worth the investment of $339 that I paid

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify, it's 17" in diameter at the flanged lid right? I could notch out a small place for that to fit but what is the diameter of the canister body at its thickest part?

Thanks for the great feedback thus far !

·
Registered
301 Posts
Had a similar issue with my 90 gallon - I ended up going with 2 smaller canisters and works great. Might be an option for you if the FX6 doesn't work out.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Lid and handels are about 15 the base with the motor is 17 but you can turn that to get it in,bottom to top of valve is 21 ,hose to exit stand is 22 to 24 inches that could increase depending were you place the intake on the tank if it pulled up more on the hose, this filter automatcly shuts off every 12 hours to purge it self of air its super easy to work on and has great filtration , I do however keep a hob on my tank just becouse its easier to add things like purigen ect then open the canaster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts