The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took down my 125 gallon tank and love my Fluval FX5 that was on it. Rather then sell I would love to use it on my Planted tank. Is there a way to turn down the speed? As I see it, it would be like having a sump on my tank.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'd put it on the tank as is, and see how you like it. You might like a high flow rate in the tank.

You could put a valve on the output side of the filter, and use that to cut the flow back, but don't cut the flow more than 20% or so.

I wouldn't think of it as a sump, by the time you put media in it, it's going to hold a lot less water than you though.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was only going to load it half way so it held more water. I have the Eheim 2217 on it now. I literally change the water every quarter because it keeps the water so clean. Wondering if I should just sell it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright I couldnt get the FX5 under the stand, so I just added a Eheim 2236. A little over load having a 2217 and a 2236, but I like having extra filtration. :-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.