The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 Question

1676 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  zzyzx85
Hi All,

I currently have a 255L tank that is 90cm (35") wide and 66cm (26") deep to substrate. looking to upgrade the light from the stock one. Just wondering if the Fluval light is going to be good enough. I was originally looking into the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 but you can't get them in Aus sadly.

Just wondering if I'd have issues fitting the 91cm-122cm to the tank, assuming I'll have over hang. Also any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Hi @Sup3rFly,

The outside to outside dimensions of the 36"-48" fixture when it is fully retracted is 35-1/8". The inside to inside dimensions are 34-7/8". The 'foot' area at each end is about 3/4". You should have no problems fitting it on a 35" long tank either rimless or with plastic rim.

I tested the fixture on my 45 gallon tall (36.3" x 12.7" x 23.8" high) 20” from rim to substrate and the fixture provided [email protected] at the substrate level without a glass top and [email protected] with a glass top........which I would consider 'medium' light.
Hi @Seattle_Aquarist,

Thanks for the info, it's great and much appreciated. Would that amount of PAR be ok for growing a carpet of DHG? Would there be another light you would recommend?
Hi Sup3rFly,

[email protected]+ should be sufficient for DHG, especially if you have CO2.

I chose the Fluval F&P 2.0 for three major reasons; good performance; fully sealed; and strong warranty backed by an international company. I couldn't find anything else out there that measured up to the Fluval; that is why I purchased a second one for my 48" tank.

BTW, my wife and I visited Cairnes, Port Douglas, and Sydney in 2000....loved the country and the people we met.
Reactions: 1
Hi @Seattle_Aquarist,

I'm running CO2 :smile2: I've put my order in to get one! Keen for it to arrive.

Very nice you should head back over sometime and continue to explore :grin2:

Thanks so much for your advice and help!
I ordered the 48" version from Aquarium Co-Op to replace the 2xT5HO on my 55g. Should be arriving Saturday. Can't wait to try it out!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.