The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get my dwarf puffer a nice new home. He is doing well in his current 5G but I want a nicer looking setup for him.

I was thinking of either the Fluval Flora or the Spec V.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fluval flora just doesn't seem like a great investment to me. I like the size and shape, but I don't like the look of the internal filter stuck to the glass. I also don't like the expensive and wasteful cartridge CO2 system it comes with. If I got it, I'd end up using a new filter and DIY CO2 and I could create the setup from scratch much cheaper than buying the Fluval.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anthony, I'd consider bumping up to something larger in order support two more of them. They are not schooling fish, but they are very intelligent and have their own social mannerisms. I spawned some years back and they did better in groups as long as they were all fed well and provided copious broken lines of sight.
I'm only keeping one now. My other one got a fungus and didn't make it.

And I'm only planning on keeping some short trimmed corkscrew val and java moss and ferns

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.