The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for posting the picture... so the whole thing was shortened. I thought just a piece on both corners were taken out. But you did a pretty clean cut. Good job..
Yeah with the glass cutter I was using you could only go straight across. That's what I was trying to convey by saying that I reduced the dimension of one of the sides. The purpose of it was to make a groove to break the glass along. I was going to grind the edge down but I didn't had access to the one available to me at that time. I recommend trying it. You can most likely find a glass cutter locally at an arts and crafts store. If not most certainly online for cheap. Don't forget the special pliar tool either. Good luck and thanks for reviving the post!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update! I've planted glosso in the tank because hc died off a little too much before addition of co2. I've also added 11 crs! Did a 50% ro water change to improve conditions for the crs.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359531598.629064.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359531629.593285.jpg

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So I'm officially scholastically done with this project! I delivered a 23 minute presentation yesterday entailing aquascaping and a detailed explanation of my product. So glosso has grown a lot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362723188.949250.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362723210.793713.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great job, I have the same tank in the office, I use the fluval mini CO2 system which works great! I suggest that for you, so you can get rid of the huge CO2 tank you have..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great job, I have the same tank in the office, I use the fluval mini CO2 system which works great! I suggest that for you, so you can get rid of the huge CO2 tank you have..
Those cartridges add up fast, you be upgrading soon enough haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I used it for a while and I found that I couldn't get anywhere near the consistency of gas output with the mini fluval than my custom made system. 20oz tank will last muuuuch longer than a 20gram cartridge. If I ever move it ill make sure I move it to a spot where I can hide the co2 system and filter. It's already in a cluttered area so it doesn't bother me. It's the aesthetics of my school not my own home at this point. Actually I don't mind the exposed co2 system because it grants justice to the complexity of the operation lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

21 - 34 of 34 Posts