The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice on beginner plants for a Fluval flex 15. Substrate is eco complete, one large centerpiece of driftwood in tank. Stocking plans are male betta, some nano schooling fish and some Pygmy corydoras. Give me some planting suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots of views but no recommendations so I thought I would post an update. I added some plants a couple of weeks ago then more tonight. Fist plants were Amazon Frog bit and some water sprite which I planted and floated. I like the frog it but the water sprite kept trying to un-plant itself. I still have some floating but will likely remove the water sprite all together in the near future.

Tonight I added some Jungle Val to replace the water sprite as a background plant, Crypt Wendtii Bronze, and an Anubis Nana Petite on the driftwood.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very cool piece of wood!

Keep an eye on the jungle val, when it settles in, it can get get huge. I trimmed mine back today, some of it was over 8 feet long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wood was used in a prior tank by my son. It was in a 75 gallon that was taken down about 5 years ago. The tank has since been sold but I held onto this and one other piece of driftwood from it to use if I were to set up a tank. When I got this tank I boiled and scrubbed down the driftwood and decided on this larger piece and the centerpiece for this tank.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
That would honestly could be filled by a ton of buce.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would honestly could be filled by a ton of buce.

I am planning on adding more plants to the wood, was thinking of more Anubius nana petite. I am not very familiar with Buce but am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I am planning on adding more plants to the wood, was thinking of more Anubius nana petite. I am not very familiar with Buce but am open to suggestions.

They're similar plants, I think you'll like buce. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts