The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thank you for sharing that! I bought one of these at Petco for $19 off their clearance table and have been wanting another sooo badly!!!

·
Are these real?
15,702 Posts
What is the smallest tank this would be good for? Is it too large for a 2.5 gal tank?

I've never had a canister

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p
It would be slight overkill for a 2.5, but if you want a canister, you can make it work. You can always reduce the outflow, and large media capacity isn't a bad thing.

Of course the deal is over now. :fish1:

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
It would be slight overkill for a 2.5, but if you want a canister, you can make it work. You can always reduce the outflow, and large media capacity isn't a bad thing.

Yeah:/ nobody got back to me quick enough.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

Is there a means of slowing it beyond the built-in controls? I know a lot of people do mods on filters, but am not sure how one might go about it on these guys.

·
Are these real?
15,702 Posts
Yes, there are many ways to effectively reduce the flow.

One easy one would be a spray bar, with rather large holes, with the flow pointed toward the glass.

You could also add 2 T's, one to inlet, one to outlet, and connect one end of the two T's, the other ends go to/from tank. Basically you create a second circuit/bypass, so you don't throttle down the filter, but less water goes to/from your tank. You could add a ball valve to fine-tune the flow. Kinda hard to explain, I need to do some drawing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts