The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm preparing to set up a 37g column tank and need an affordable light that will penetrate to the bottom of a 24'' tall planted tank. I'm going the low tech route and will be getting low light plants, but I still want a light that will do the job without breaking the bank.

Will this light work for me?
http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Eco-Bright-Led-Lamp-18in-24in/dp/B00ZSKJCUQ

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
I'm preparing to set up a 37g column tank and need an affordable light that will penetrate to the bottom of a 24'' tall planted tank. I'm going the low tech route and will be getting low light plants, but I still want a light that will do the job without breaking the bank.

Will this light work for me?
http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Eco-Bright-Led-Lamp-18in-24in/dp/B00ZSKJCUQ
No,not really.. Besides depth what are the other dimensions?
Example only:
LED Aquarium Lighting by BeamsWork

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
so you would recommend this then
LED Aquarium Lighting by BeamsWork

thank you for the help :)
Short of suspending an LED flood/spot (depends on lensing and height) above the tank it is about the cheapest aquarium type light w/ lenses..

The 1W ones are not the most efficient, but you weren't too concerned w/ high light..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After reading some reviews on the beamswork I'm concerned that it won't be bright enough. I know I said I'm leaning toward low light but people with 10 and 20 gallon tanks say it isn't even bright enough for them. I'm not looking for the absolute cheapest light, I don't mind spending up to maybe $60-$70. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
After reading some reviews on the beamswork I'm concerned that it won't be bright enough. I know I said I'm leaning toward low light but people with 10 and 20 gallon tanks say it isn't even bright enough for them. I'm not looking for the absolute cheapest light, I don't mind spending up to maybe $60-$70. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.

EVO 18 LED 6500K

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok Jeff one more question... If I get one of those lights and decide it isn't bright enough could I double up and use 2 of the same light? Or let's say I get the EVO and feel its not enough, could I use it together with the Beamswork Bright to save on wattage? Would that make any sense?

Thanks Again

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
Ok Jeff one more question... If I get one of those lights and decide it isn't bright enough could I double up and use 2 of the same light? Or let's say I get the EVO and feel its not enough, could I use it together with the Beamswork Bright to save on wattage? Would that make any sense?

Thanks Again
Either or... whatever fits.. the 1W is 5"wide..
Also it is pretty simple to put a dimmer on these lights.. Just need to cut the power cord between the power supply and the head unit.. add one of these..

There are fancier units.. ;)

note though [email protected] units has the ability to have a large amount of PAR at 24"

Around 60 approx..One would be 1/2 this.. approx.. and 30PAR is "fair" light.. ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Either or... whatever fits.. the 1W is 5"wide..
Also it is pretty simple to put a dimmer on these lights.. Just need to cut the power cord between the power supply and the head unit.. add one of these..

There are fancier units.. ;)

note though [email protected] units has the ability to have a large amount of PAR at 24"

Around 60 approx..One would be 1/2 this.. approx.. and 30PAR is "fair" light.. ;)

Where do you find that there thing a ma Bob, lol, the dimmer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.