The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered 2 fluval ebi tank last week because tank looked cool.
Today I've got the tank and I was happy to open and check out little bit before I go to work.
I lift the box to move them to house and I heard some noise... :icon_cry:
I opened the box and yes, both of the tanks have been cracked and shattered... :mad:
Took 5days to get here and company where I got this is not gonna open until Oct. 16...
So, I called UPS and told them item was damaged... they got my informations and said, someone will call you tomorrow and arrange for inspecting the package and fill the report out.
I didn't look at the shipping box carefully because I had to go work but, I saw some mark with careful with item.
I'm so mad! :mad:
I'm gonna go take some pictures tonight after work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Usually the way this works, you call the company, the company issues a claim with UPS for the item's value, and ships you a new item. I've worked as a driver for Fedex for around 6 years now, and the stickers saying fragile, handle with care, etc barely get noticed. Those trailers you see on the interstate are packed front to back, top to bottom. Our package handlers get fired for dropping or mishandling packages, but a box can go through 3 hubs and be handled by several different people before it arrives at your door, so things like this DO happen. I delivered a peice of auto glass to a Ford dealership 3 times before they finally got one unbroken because the packaging was very subpar.

I've only ever ordered one aquarium online before, a 7 gallon rimless, and they used the spray in foam packaging so it arrived in good condition. I wouldn't stress too much about it, as even if UPS doesn't decide to pay the claim the company will eat the loss and ship you a replacement. You might try requesting extra packaging on the next shipment. Hope all turns out well for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually the way this works, you call the company, the company issues a claim with UPS for the item's value, and ships you a new item.
I checked the site where I got from and they won't open until Oct. 16 since holiday for them. I also did called 2times and only voice mail... so, I called UPS so that they can do process faster. Also, thanks for your advice. Just little mad both tank had to be in bad shape. :icon_mad:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I work for UPS and am not surprised your tanks arrived shattered. UPS management sucks, we break things all the time, on "accident", with no punishment. Fragile stickers etc don't do any good because package handlers don't get paid enough to care and unless a supervisor sees a handler physically throw or smash a box, they can't do anything about it. Go Union! When i order things of a fragile nature i always opt for fedex even though it is likely the exact same story there. A box full of glass items is just as likely to get put on the bottom of the stack with 10, 80 pound boxes of nuts and bolts on top of it as any other box is. Sorry for the rant, I'm not particularly happy with my employer lately.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hear broken glass move around inside the box as i pick it up from my front door, it was left at my front door by UPS driver while im at work, and without open it emailed the seller about it and got a replacement a week later.

Most of the time there are not enough packing material. the tank is support by foam on four corner only.... if anything hit it at the middle...kiss the tank goodbye...that's how my first one damaged...

The sencond ones was packed the same ficking way, but luckily it made it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.