The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my fluval ebi just got delivered but I didn't realize that it came in a thousand tiny shards of glass. Do you think it will still hold water? :tongue:

Actually was pretty bummed to open up the tank and see glass everywhere. Oh well, the shrimp farm (or shrimp executionary, depending on my luck) will have to wait another week or so I guess.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well.. went to the LFS and found one of these and it was actually cheaper than the one we had gotten online. So... picked it up.. and as a bonus, it even holds water!
Looking forward to trying my hand at this. I tried once before but only succeeded in killing all the little buggers. Hope to do better this time around.

·
Banned
943 Posts
My biggest suggestion is to let the tank cycle AND mature for at least 2 months before adding any shrimp. My second is dont add anything to the tank but good water. Third is to add moss, any kind.

Have fun, good luck, and see you at the shrimp AA meetings.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My plan was to get put some moss in it and let the tank/filter cycle for a month or so before adding any shrimplets. Am curious about the water changing aspect though.. In my previous attempt, I was changing water a couple of times a week, perhaps 25% at a time. From what I can gather, that is wayy too much. Perhaps that was an issue for me?

·
Banned
943 Posts
Dont change the water based on a guestimate. Get a test kit and test your nitrate levels once a week. If they are 10 or higher change it, if not leave it alone. Its way quicker to test the water then it is to change the water.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Just so you know, the fluval stratum doesnt release any ammonia. I had my BKKs in my tank after only 2 days of it being set up =X

Youre also a shrimp master lol. Just curious was it seeded by another tank too? I mean thats kinda duh I guess, just want to prove a point to the op to let it sit for a bit, unless of course you can seed the tank from another tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.