The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I think that's pretty hilarious/ironic for a tank that's made for shrimp. Can't say that I like the stock filter it comes with anyway, though. Best luck with the rest of your shrimpies! Definitely invest in some kind of mesh covering for that filter if you plan on keeping it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know why they put that crapola filter with the EBI. A HOB or mini-canister with a presponge would have been much better. Corporate cost cutting at it's finest.
Actually if you look at the costs (retail, no idea about actual manufacturing costs) the nano filter actually costs significantly more than an AC20 and hovers around AC30/50 prices.

·
Super Moderator
16,950 Posts
Even Fluval/Hagen suggests covering the filter if you've got shrimplets or fry of any sort, sadly.

Just the nature of the beast when you have tiny critters that can fit into small openings.

Black pantyhose/tights are definitely the way to go. And it'll be tons of fun as you're waiting in line at Walgreens to buy them! Ha. (Okay, so it was for me, a tall-ish guy with a shaved head)

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Even Fluval/Hagen suggests covering the filter if you've got shrimplets or fry of any sort, sadly.

Just the nature of the beast when you have tiny critters that can fit into small openings.

Black pantyhose/tights are definitely the way to go. And it'll be tons of fun as you're waiting in line at Walgreens to buy them! Ha. (Okay, so it was for me, a tall-ish guy with a shaved head)
and my girlfriend told me to pick up tampons for her too.... imagine what they are gonna be thinking!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.