The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had one of those and it had that same hole in the side of the regulator.. I think that's a pressure release hole just in case the cartridge is threaded improperly. I found that if I didn't put teflon tape around the cartridge and then screw it in, or if I didn't tighten it enough, the cartridge and 'regulator' wouldn't make a proper seal and would leak out of that hole at about 1bp3s.. not a whole lot but enough to cut the life of it in half almost.

I say just veto the fluval system as I did and upgrade to paintball. You'll thank yourself.. I have. I bought a green leaf aquatics paintball co2 regulator for 180$ (Yea I know... expensive haha) but with the built in solenoid and a timer I'm getting 6-8 months per 20oz bottle whereas to run the fluval system I would have gone through probably a dozen cartridges in that time which would cost even more money in the long run

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.