The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will most likely be purchasing one for 40 dollars tomorrow, and would like to hear from reviews is it worth it? filtration, lighting etc

I would ideally like to have crs and a betta? maybe some neon tetras instead? just want to see what the forum has to say, thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Light sucks
Filtration sucks
Well, from what I've witnessed in my LFS atleast. There are some threads here stating that the light is adequate enough. Maybe the one displayed on my LFS was a dud. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/lighting/113257-fluval-chi-led-lights.html

Save up some more money and get the Ebi instead. No experience with it, but it looks great IMO. Everyone here also love their ebi.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm not impressed with the Chi. I've sold them and run one at work. Light wasn't bright to my eyes. Filter seemed to be pretty lame. I'd get a Flora or an Ebi. But don't mix a Betta and Shrimp. Mine ate the ones I tried out in his tank. And a Chi is small for Neons IMHO.

Celestial Pearl Danios. Or African Dwarf Frogs. Or a Betta alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.