The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought two fluval aquasky lights for my 20 gallon tall. Plugged in and away I went without thinking about the settings etc as I've never had a light set up that required it, it's either been T5 bulbs or lights that you adjust the brightness setting on and not much else.

6 weeks on and not much has grown at all with my tank becoming a staghorn algae hell hole. Not even guppy grass grows well.

Having now spent a dreadful amount of time researching light schedules, my tank was being blasted with too much light as everything was set to 100% for 8 hours a day. Well done me.... Hi

I've turned the white, blue, red and green down to 50% intensity for 6 hours a day.

Am I right in saying this should at least improve my situation? It's a low tech tank, no CO2

Does anyone have any fluval aquasky programmes they can share for a 20 gallon or any other general advice as my mind is spinning.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's a video I recommend. It's lengthy but very informative. I used it when setting up the Aquasky I used to use and had good results.

Other than this video there's not much info out there on good settings for the Aquasky.

Good luck!

·
Registered
250 Posts
How much of a plant load do you have in tank? Are you using fertilizer? For sure lessening the amount of light intensity and photo period will help get the algae in check but you have to figure out what to do for you plants so they out compete the algae.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.