The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kit is pretty neat. It comes with a pretty decent light, filter, substrate, thermometer, tiny retractable shrimp net, and water conditioner. I plan on this being a crs/cbs tank. The Here are some pics so far.

My fiance's pomeranian making his cameo.

First thing I did was remove the Styrofoam background. Keeping a clean look

Dry set

I'm going to be getting the plants in tonight. I'm going to scavenge my other tanks for stems and extra plants.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: the substrate is terrible. It's so light weight planting stems is a nightmare. They float up like it's not even there. Took me 20 minutes to plant about 7 stems of ludwigia glandulosa. Ill post pictures tomorrow. I had plenty of plants so I went kind of heavy lol.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So like I said I went a little heavy on the initial scape but there is a little room for growth and shaping still. Went ahead and put a couple cherries in there to get the tank ready since they are hardier and they are doing well. What do you all think?

I've had most of these plants for a long time now but from what I recall the plants are

Java Fern
Crypts
anubias nana
ludwigia glandulosa
micro sword
red tiger lily
and two others I forget completely lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.