The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I recently just got my tank set up this last weekend. I'm storing my Fluval 407 underneath my aquarium in the cabinet. It looks nice and clean...only problem is that whenever the door is closed, I hear the droning noise of the filter running. If I open a cabinet door, the noise quiets down exponentially. I've checked the hinges on the door and made sure that the door isn't vibrating against the cabinet or anything. It's nothing crazy loud, just loud enough to be noticeable and annoying when you actually listen in on it. Kind of like an annoying when hearing the bathroom fan running when the door is closed.

Anyone have a solution to make this vibration noise less noticeable? Maybe some sound deadening inside of the cabinet?

Maybe I'm just being picky and should just deal with it haha

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Double check that the filter hoses aren't contacting any part of the stand. You could also place a towel underneath the filter to help deaden the sound if it's vibrating against the wood bottom of the stand.

Reactions: Coorio

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double check that the filter hoses aren't contacting any part of the stand. You could also place a towel underneath the filter to help deaden the sound if it's vibrating against the wood bottom of the stand.
My hoses are touching the edge of the holes drilled into the stand. I did check on them when I noticed the issue initially. I think it definitely has to be the filter itself. I'll have to try that towel trick to see if that may help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.