The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 17 gallon, low iron set up with a nice excoteric E series light. The previous owner had a 306 fluval on it. I won a brand new unopened fluval 206 in an auction for $45.
Should I upgrade to a 306? Petco and petsmart a return policy doesn't let you return or exchange filters without a receipt. , so I can't easily upgrade like that through a big box store and just pay the difference in retail pricing. ?

What should I do? I'm thinking of asking a local fish shop if they would swap for me. Otherwise il need to put it up for sale and that's inoying and I won't get what retail is for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was using a Fluval 306 for a 55 gallon and it is rated up to 70 gallon. It may be overkill for a 17 gallon. The 206 is probably overkill as well. But you can adjust the flow rate.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It is if they are considering trading it in or selling it. It's just my opinion, as I am not a huge fan of Fluval filters. I feel they are way overpriced for what you get compared to others on the market.
I don't know about your experience, but the Fluval canisters I've purchased has been the best experience I've had with taking care of fish. The tanks remain so clean and I normally clean the media and reuse it at least 1 or 2 times. Best purchased I've made in this area for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.