The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought on which one I should choose? I can get a used 207 for less then the price of a Fluval 107. I was planning on reducing the flow to the aquarium and the 207 allows for some scalability if one day I choose to upgrade the tank. I haven't determined the fish but it will likely be stocked low with shrimp. I may also add an inline heater and inline Co2 so that should contribute to loss as well.

Excited to get back in to the planted aquarium hobby. Trying to keep it scale down and keep it very manageable. I use to have a much larger tank 110 gallons and I became a slave to it with water changes and constant weekly trimmings.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 207 on a non-planted 20g and I feel it's just right for the tank. Raw flow out of the outlet may be an issue, but you can buy 3rd party outlet options like a spin design lily pipes or loc-line piping to control flow. You can also use more media in the canister to reduce flow, or add a ball valve to the outflow line to control flow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem is that it looks bulky on an open tank. I was looking at the tidal for a while and was curious because the only HOB filter I've tried before are the AquaClears and the Marineland Bio-Wheels. I use to have Eheim's canisters but thought let's try something different this time around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.