The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have a question for you all. Which fixture and why?

Someone was throwing out Hydro Planet T5HO 2foot fixture(4bulbs) and I happened to find it on the side of the road. Looks very similar to this fixture. It looks like it's in really good shape, I still have to test it out to make sure the ballasts are working properly. Bulbs will cost me roughly $43 dollars for different spectrum bulbs. Another $12-24 for ballasts if 1 or both are not working.

The other light I'm looking at is this Phlizon 165 watt Led Fixture. This will cost about $80 shipped.

Now I'm intrigued by the different bulb combinations I can use with the Fluorescent fixture. I like that the Phlizon can dim if necessary and no need for bulb replacement.

Either or will be hung above a 30 Gallon Breeder(Dutch Stylish?) Anyway thanks in advance for any of your opinions, comments etc.

·
Registered
13,078 Posts
Alright so I have a question for you all. Which fixture and why?

Someone was throwing out Hydro Planet T5HO 2foot fixture(4bulbs) and I happened to find it on the side of the road. Looks very similar to this fixture. It looks like it's in really good shape, I still have to test it out to make sure the ballasts are working properly. Bulbs will cost me roughly $43 dollars for different spectrum bulbs. Another $12-24 for ballasts if 1 or both are not working.

The other light I'm looking at is this Phlizon 165 watt Led Fixture. This will cost about $80 shipped.

Now I'm intrigued by the different bulb combinations I can use with the Fluorescent fixture. I like that the Phlizon can dim if necessary and no need for bulb replacement.

Either or will be hung above a 30 Gallon Breeder(Dutch Stylish?) Anyway thanks in advance for any of your opinions, comments etc.

Philzon listed isn't really freshwater plant specific.

https://sbreeflights.com/sbox-freshwater-plant-lights/71-18-basic-fresh-water-plant.html

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
13,078 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to keep that one as an option as well. Have you used their lighting?
No I build my own for the most part.

Reefbreeders is a black box freshwater version in the same "class" as the Phison ect.

For a very long reef centric idea on these type of lights

see the below.
There are some things that port over to freshwater particularily placement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.