The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fluctuations in the co2 system.

406 2
Hi,
I started using a 24oz paintball co2 setup for my 5 gallon tank . Its my first co2 setup I have never done it before. On the first day the psi was around 830 but when I checked today it's showing more than 900 and the working psi is 50. Is it normal that the co2 setups show different readings or do I have any problems with my setup.
Thank you.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi,
I started using a 24oz paintball co2 setup for my 5 gallon tank . Its my first co2 setup I have never done it before. On the first day the psi was around 830 but when I checked today it's showing more than 900 and the working psi is 50. Is it normal that the co2 setups show different readings or do I have any problems with my setup.
Thank you.
A full tank should be around 800 -900 psi at room temp. As the tank warms up the pressure will increase a little. I have had some fills reach 950-1000 so technically a little overfull. It shouldn't be an issue. If it was 1000 psi or higher i would let some CO2 vent to bring the pressure down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A full tank should be around 800 -900 psi at room temp. As the tank warms up the pressure will increase a little. I have had some fills reach 950-1000 so technically a little overfull. It shouldn't be an issue. If it was 1000 psi or higher i would let some CO2 vent to bring the pressure down.
Thanks for the help. I think it was the room temperature. My room was a bit warm today. When I turned down the room temperature the psi dropped below 900

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.