The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 15g planted tank with psi CO2 and plants/fish/cherry shrimp running a Aquaclear30.

Soon I will move it all to a 40g long, but I will be using a Magnum 350 filter.

I would like to make my own outlet into the tank using PVC and drilling holes in it. Like a rain or spray bar. I can building just about any way I want, but what is best? Should I do 2 bars at each end of the tank shooting toward the middle or put 1 bar down the center shooting both ways to each end. Or something else?

Any ideas.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I'm doing something like that on my tank now, I made an outlet that is just like a long spraybar that will be vertical and spray water from the surface to the substrate across the front glass of the tank where the plants are lower, relect off the other end and return back to the intake. I'm doing this a the suggested best method by Amano and will use 2 Eheim 2217 canisters so the flow will be pretty strong.

That's my idea but you can try any layout you like the important thing is not to end up with any dead spots, good luck.

There's a photo of the spraybar in my journal but it's not a step by step diy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.