The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm piecing together equipment for my upcoming 60P. I'm leaning towards the Eheim Ecco series as the filter, with a hydor inline, coralife turbotwist, and an inline co2 injector(upstream of filter).

How much flow do you think I'll lose through the hydor inline and coralife turbotwist? I was going to use the Eheim 2232 at 106 gph, but am thinking the 159 gph of the 2236 would be a better choice to account for the flow loss through the other equipment.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The loss from the Hydor will be negligible since as far as I can tell the water just passes straight on through. Cant say what the other two will do in terms of flow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 60-P and run the ecco 2232 with the Hydor ETH and I can say I need more flow. The flow in the tank is decent but I have concerns about CO2 distribution and...well I like more flow :). I will have the 2232 up for sale very cheaply though if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
The Hydor unit does not effect flow IMO. I'm using down flow reactors on the discharge side and again do not feel flow to be effected to a significant degree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts