The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a oase biomaster 250 that uses 16/22mm (17MM required lily pipes) (5/8" i.d.) tubing.

I cannot find a 17MM spin pipe. The outflow is too high and I know I wouldn't be able to keep a betta with this type of flow. I've also got red root floaters that are just being blown all around the tank.

I've currently got 17MM lily outflow pipes.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

(I also thought about getting the UNS 16/22mm to 12/16mm quick release, and just downgrading to a smaller spin pipe.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Can you give me more guidance?
How do I know which size ball valve that I'd need to buy, and how would I make sure that the tubing stays on the valve?
Sure thing!

So if you have 5/8 tubing you need a 5/8" ball valve. Actually those can be hard to come by in a hardware store so if you are buying at your local hardware store you should just go for 3/4" which is close enough (the tube will be difficult to force on but its doable). If buying from online you have more options. Here is one option (though there are many).

As for how it stays on? Well it stays on the same way the attachment to the filter or your lily pipe stays on. If you buy online you can buy the barbed fitting incorporated into the ball valve (like the one I linked). If you buy from a hardware store you will need to buy the barbed fittings separately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.