The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 10gal with shrimp only. It has 2 whisper HOB's on it each rated for a 10gal tank. With the flow restricted shrimp seem fine. With the flow full blast they seem to move alot more. It seems them like the higher flow better. I am sure there are getting more O2, but I wonder if in the wild they are from high currents. Any ideas? They are Tigers and RCS.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Let me have your tiger shrimp. :biggrin:

The increase in movement could be from them stressing out or because they are enjoying it. I think if they are eating and looking good then they like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 10g. Shrimp tank also and when I do water changes they all seem to like to take rides in the currant. I get the impression they like the faster moving water, I could be wrong. I would think if they didn't like it though they would stay on the other side of the tank.

Darlene

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They seem to be doing better with more flow. Active and not hiding like they were. I guess if they wanted out of the flow they would stay out of the flow. I guess I will keep the flow up. The Tigers are GREAT! They were labeled Zebra but I think they are Tigers. Are they or are they not?

·
Registered
200 Posts
That is so cool I wish I had the creativity to come up with a tank like that... Is there anything special to keeping a Shrimp Tank?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was hoping they were tigers. Maybe I will have some to swap some day soon, Thanks for the ID on the shrimp!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts