The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I cant tell you how much flow you will lose from the rating of a pump by the number of turns you have, Ive long since lost that kind of information over the years. But I can tell you to use at least a 1/4" wider pipe than the pump wants, even that small of an increase gives a much larger inside pipe diamater. Also, use 45s instead of 90s as much as possible in your plumbing. A 90 is equivalent to pushing through 7 feet of pipe, that I do remember. :) I know that isnt really what you wanted to know, but I hope it helps in your endeavor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I cant tell you how much flow you will lose from the rating of a pump by the number of turns you have, Ive long since lost that kind of information over the years. But I can tell you to use at least a 1/4" wider pipe than the pump wants, even that small of an increase gives a much larger inside pipe diamater. Also, use 45s instead of 90s as much as possible in your plumbing. A 90 is equivalent to pushing through 7 feet of pipe, that I do remember. I know that isnt really what you wanted to know, but I hope it helps in your endeavor."

thanks ill have to remember that. but i think scolley has brought it up a couple times..... he said somebody at reef central sent him a link. maybe ill be able to find it over there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts