Discussion Starter #1
I want to grow these plants.
Anubias Petit
Lutea Crypt
Glossostigma
Hygrophilia rosanervis
Limnophilia aquatica
Mircranthemum micranthemodes

Do you think i should use flourite, ive heard that stemp plants get their nutrients from the water colum? Or do you think plain gravel would be ok? Perhaps laying down an inch of laterite (i don't think that will help to much). I would normally hold out for the flourite but i don't want to buy a big bag just for my tank so i was gonna get some from a friend of mine but he dissapeared and im kind of in a hurry. What do you suggest?

Chris

·
Registered
752 Posts
Titan,
How big is your tank? You could just run with Flourite by its lonesome if you like.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
The plants in that list that would benefit from a Flourite substrate are the crypts and maybe the glosso (although glosso cares more about light and CO2 than anything else). I personally think you can get away with regular gravel in that tank, if you're really on a budget.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
I agree. I've got several tanks, and only one has Flourite. I'd be hard pressed to promise that Flourite helps produce better plants. Everyone's on a budget, indeed. But if you're making compromises, don't do it on light and CO2 - there are far cheaper substrates that will do the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts