The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

I'm a newb so bear with me.

Im currently dosing my high tech tank with the various flourish ferts. i dose the Fe, the regular flourish, and the K twice a week, and flourish excel every two days.

Admittedly this is expensive and i want to cut down on price. I just bought tropica plant nutrition and wanted to know if this can be used in lieu of my other flourish ferts and simply just add flourish excel.

In other words, does the tropica plant nutrition replace the need to use the Flourish Fe, K, and trace or should i still add the individual elements.

As for dry ferts, i'm not ready for that yet. Seems a little complicated and i'm taking things slow.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
"Plant Nutrition" is K
"Plant Nutrition +" is N+P

but you still need micro's and C02.

I don't think Tropica is any better or worse than the Flourish line and personally I like pfertz.com's NPK+M products better since it has the same results when used with Excel in my low-light tanks and lasts longer (when I buy it, I switch back and forth from dry to it so it probably lasts longer for me).

- Brad

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I also like the Pfertz line as well. I do use Flourish Excel though, in my Nano tank, along with Co2. I also use the Seachem Flourish Fe in conjunction with Pfertz as some of my plants need the extra Fe.
For results and simplicity, I am more of a Pfertz fan, with the addition of Seachem Fe

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hi,

Do you guys happen to know the shelf life of Pfertz Micros? I would like to try it as a supplement to my TPN/TMG dosing.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks. Just got an e mail from Pfertz saying that it can last several years if kept in a cool, dry place. Pfertz answered my question in about 20 min. Good business practice for them, I am impressed.

Hi Constantin,

The shelf-life of our micros solution is at least several years, possibly longer if it is always kept in a cool, dark place. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts