The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here use Flourish Excel in a tank with ADF? I've started using it in my other tanks, but I'm afraid to try it in my 10g frog tank without knowing if it's safe for the froggies or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Definitely killed a dwarf frog with it. Also had a lot of trouble raising tadpoles in a tank I was using it in. Stopped using it in the trouble went away. It pierces cell walls to bring in carbon. Amphibians have extremely sensitive skin to changing water conditions. Anecdotal evidence I know but I will never use it again in a tank with an amphibian even though my newt tank could really use it right now.

·
Super Moderator
17,176 Posts
Wild that anyone would bother suggesting an algaecide isn't toxic. Please don't intentionally spread disinformation, folks. I won't clean this thread up twice.

Don't use it with any amphibian. @minorhero explained why.

I won't even use it in shrimp tanks. Prefer not to use it in any tank that doesn't have a large water volume. And then, I merely spot treat with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.