The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
you want to put the foam in your tank? i would not do that. it breaks down and it has some anti-fungal properties i think. i could look into it if you would like. i would not use it in a tank.
just my thoughts.
fwr

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
you want to put the foam in your tank? i would not do that. it breaks down and it has some anti-fungal properties i think. i could look into it if you would like. i would not use it in a tank.
just my thoughts.
fwr
I was about to say welcome to PTF, but then I realized you joined in 2005 :hihi: :)
I wouldn't use it in my tank either. It seems like it crumbles a lot, and I wouldn't want all of that "dust" in my tank.

·
Banned
332 Posts
It doesnt really float that much but I doubt it sinks enough to hold down floating wood Once soaked it does fall apart into to tiny little bits that would be an unpleasant filter clogging fish choking addition to your tank. I suspect it has anti-fungal properties because it does not seem to grow bacteria as well as other non-soil mediums do. I dont know whether a fungicide is added to it or if it is just inherently not conducive to fungal or bacterial growth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.