The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at two 50watt led floodlights for my 90 gallon planted tank. They are 6500k. Wondering if 2 of these are enough or should I look at 4 of them? They will not be dimmable. Thanks

I see some here are using the rgb plus white led floodlights with remote that adjusts the lights and intensity. Love some input on what you think of floodlights if anything. Thanks

2 PCS 50W LED Flood Light Outdoor 6500K Daylight White FloodLight Lamp 50 Watt IP65 Waterproof
Color Name:6500K

2 PCS 50W LED Flood Light Outdoor 6500K Daylight White FloodLight Lamp 50 Watt IP65 Waterproof

Anyway these are the lights. What do you think for a 90 gallon standard tank? Thanks

Anyone at all? Would 2 be enough?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No co2, just regular everyday plants...swords, crypts, stems and some anubias.

Currently have 4 t5 high output on the tank now. 2X 6400K and 2X 10000K. I don't want to be buying new bulbs and wanted a cheap option with shimmer with the agitation at the surface. They are not dimmable but have a plan for raising and lowering the lights where necessary. I'm wondering about the spread....2 0r maybe 3 of these lights?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I can't say anything about those specific flood lights but I am running 4 x shop lights with a 4000K color rating. The 4000K shop lights aren't the best for showing off the color in the plants and fish BUT the do a one HECK of a good job growing the plants!

https://www.costco.com/feit-electric-4'-linkable-led-shop-light,-2-pack.product.100462723.html

The shop lights are just my temporary solution until I complete my custom LED build. I am a little doubtful if I will get better plant growth with my LED build but I will be able to tweak the tank colors for best viewing and have cool sunrise / sunset effects. Just a large amount of generic light seems very productive for plant growth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.