The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a habitual plant/rock/driftwood rearranger in my 20 long tank. Between me rearranging and my corys snuffling through my dwarf hairgrass, I always have small bits of plant matter floating throught the water. The tank water is clear and looks good and has great parameters. I can just always see floating specs. I would like to get it pristine. Is this really possible in a heavily planted tank? Would it do more harm than good if I did 20% wc / vacuum every day for a week? Or is floating matter just part of the planted tank?

·
Registered
306 Posts
In my experience, some sort of floating plant matter is just part of the deal with planted tanks. That can be exacerbated with plants that are constantly disturbed or that are delicate, though. Dwarf hairgrass is not the most robust plant, so your constant disturbance is at least part of the problem. Also, plants like stability (if they are in conditions they like). Try leaving things alone for a while and see if your problem gets better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.