The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am just asking about a floating plant in my 50 gallon tank. I found them in a pot of micro sword and seemed to be floating plants so I placed them in my 50 gallon. So far they have grown very well and have produced others. They are alittle bigger than duckweed but they have an almoat furry surface. They look alot like tiny frogbit. I have no idea what they are. I was just wondering if anyone could help me identify it? Thank you. Also if you need pictures I can post them later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think I know exactly what you are talking about. It's bigger than even spirodela (greater duckweed). I have some in my tank and it's spreading too. I asked a local fish store manager and he said it was an underdeveloped pistia stratiotes, but I wasn't sure. I'll post a pic and if its the same, and if someone can help ID it that would be great!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think I know exactly what you are talking about. It's bigger than even spirodela (greater duckweed). I have some in my tank and it's spreading too. I asked a local fish store manager and he said it was an underdeveloped pistia stratiotes, but I wasn't sure. I'll post a pic and if its the same, and if someone can help ID it that would be great!
that's water lettuce alright. I have some growing in my tank too. When it is raised in ponds, it grows much larger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.