The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 6 months ago I got a big clump of moss from my lfs because it was very healthy looking and had a few java ferns in it. A few weeks later I noticed the little strings of this floating bladderwort over growing my attemp at a moss tree. I posted a pic and Liam had identified it as utricularia gibba, and told me it was invasive and to get rid of it. I tried my hardest to rid this little beast but it is just deep in my mass of moss. I noticed it only really grows good in the moss that is right below my outlet pipe. Its taken over my first attempt at a moss tree so im going to just rip out most of the thick moss and try to get every little piece of that crap out of my tank. So if anyone is interested in a softball of moss/floatingbladderwort, i will probably have few that im willing to give to anyone that actually wants this stuff. I will worn you I have snails, may be pond or some sort, limpets, and i think seed shrimp that i cant get rid of for the life of me. Im hoping injected co2 will help my pest problem and thicken my moss.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
you know, I am wondering if there is any use for that plant though.
Maybe it would look nice floating at the surface of a tank, sending out flowers?

I'm having the same problem though, that bladderwort is invasive as hell. I pick it out with tweezers but I can never seem to get all of it, and when I do pick at it, it tends to take other things with it due to how wrapped around everything it gets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.