The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to have a new planted tank for the first time in almost 10 years! Set this tank up in my kiddos room as she has been asking for fish for a little while now. Just using a little flex mini in a 7.5 G tank.

Going to use dwarf baby tears for the carpet and grow out the rotala for the background. Hopefully this light is up to the task. Although when I was last in the hobby I was happy to be using t5s, lol. This should be fun regarless!

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
It may just work! My guess is you’ll need more light.

I hear you about the T5’s - that was the rage when I started and I didn’t have anywhere near the space for all that lol. It’s more mainstream now and accessible!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Man, your kid will never be able to be satisfied with a "normal" fish tank after such a nice starter tank. Starting them out young on the good tanks. ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Your "kids" tank is coming along nicely.

Talking old times, I still have my 4X96 PC. Ran above my 135 gallon and stretched over the whole thing LOL. Loud and hot! Waiting for a LED retrofit kit LOL.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, your kid will never be able to be satisfied with a "normal" fish tank after such a nice starter tank. Starting them out young on the good tanks. ;)
Yup, she going to be totally spoiled for the old school diver and treasure chest with neon gravel look (or maybe not . . .)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your "kids" tank is coming along nicely.

Talking old times, I still have my 4X96 PC. Ran above my 135 gallon and stretched over the whole thing LOL. Loud and hot! Waiting for a LED retrofit kit LOL.

Lol, yup my "kids" tank is causing me to hang out in her room way more than usual. Sure she doesn't mind the extra company though . . . . from the fish anyways.

Good old PCs (ahhhh) they can still grow lots of stuff. That hum never really bothered me. I'm sure it will be nice to have an upgrade anyhow. Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts