The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stocking a 75G rio Paraguay biotope, but I am on kind of a short budget so I want to just buy breeding stock and fill the tank slowly myself. Does anybody know of any flashy tetras that are rio paraguay natives and also somewhat easy to breed? I have experience breeding some saltwater fish and freshwater live bearers, but I have never done any serious freshwater breeding so I want to start with something easy to get my feet wet.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Some Hyphessobrycon species (serpae, black neon, phantom) and Moenkhausia (red eye) should be easy to get but I don't know how easy/difficult breeding them would be.

Heres a list of fish fish native to Rio Paraguay, maybe it can help you:
http://fish.mongabay.com/data/ecosystems/Paraguay River.htm

Just curious, but why did you choose Rio Paraguay?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I choose Rio Paraguay because it is a little unusual but there are a lot of fish from that region in the trade. I really like strange biotopes and species tanks and I just got a free 75G so I just kinda decided on paraguay.

That link is great, I cant believe I did not find it myself. I am a recent convert from SW so I dont really know the FW websites yet.

My tank is cycled pretty well by now so photos will be coming soon to show the scape.

Title came out a bit weird on this thread??? Not sure whats up with that, certainly not what I typed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.