The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, years ago, before digital cameras I built a paladarium using carefully cut pieces of flag stone to create my terrestrial planting pockets by siliconing the flagstone to the 55 gallon tank itself. I even had a corner waterfall that flowed down the flagstone wall. The set up had its idiosyncrasies and I learned a lot from that first attempt. I plan on trying again in a 45 gallon tall tank and setting it up for dart frogs. Has anyone else tried flagstone as a medium?

I have a tile and masonry saw that I will cut the flagstone with. I went to the landscape supply place yesterday and chose a couple of pieces of stone that will give me about 14" of water depth once cut and glued in. One thing I didn't like about my first paladarium, was how shallow the water area was. Do you think the tank will look odd with the water area deeper than the terrestrial area? Will the large aquatic area be a detriment to the frogs? Thank you in advance. I will have many more questions as I ponder this build

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.